Monday, July 19, 2010

Travel The World!

Remember last month when I told you that I was now apart of The Old School house Magazines’ Homeschool Crew?  Well guess what ?  This is my first official review!  I have been so very anxious to dive in and get started and I can’t wait to share this with you.  It’s called  TOS June 2010 Module – Travel The World! 

What is a module you ask ? Well according to TOS a module or e-book is an add-on for The Schoolhouse Planner, offering enrichment activities in various topics for your family each month. 

We started this e-book by learning basic map stuff like the Earth’s axis, the equator, and a compass rose.  Then we found out about the five oceans and the seven continents. It gave us tons of trusted web sites that saved me from hours and hours of searching the internet  for each little subject.  It also included lots of fun sites that had games that taught us many lesson points, like latitude and longitude. This is where Cole and I had the most fun.  We learned how to find a little girl by the coordinates given and we also learned that we didn’t know as many countries in Europe as I we should.

This e-book works for children of all ages and it included great copy work pages that Cole didn’t care for only because he is an 8 year old boy and dislikes writing.  It even has an High School Expansion where your high school student can learn about the branches of Geography and how to incorporate Geography into a home based business!

It has a price point of $7.95, and I was able to print off as many copies of the activity pages, quizzes, or copywork pages that I needed.  It also has several convenient maps that can be printed off in color, or in black and white for coloring pages. 

It doesn’t come with an outline, which I didn’t feel we needed but an outline for this module could be easily set up for those who needed one.  We aren’t homeschooling for the summer so we enjoyed the freedom this e-book gave us to read and learn casually.  Just sitting in front of the computer, playing and learning at the same time!

Overall this is a fun e-book study that I could see us using as a welcome break anytime during the year or  possibly using it monthly to help enhance Cole’s our learning experience.

A 12 pack of the 2009-2010 modules can be purchased for $83.95 saving you $11.45 over the individual module’s price.  A few of the modules included in the 2009-2010 12 pack are Wondrous Weather, Checks and Balances, Bible Stories, Astronomy and many more .  Check out The Old Schoolhouse Store website for more information.

 

~I am a member of The Old Schoolhouse 2010-2011 Crew and receive free products and services in exchange for a thorough and honest review.  Though I am compensated with free products, I am not compensated in the form of cash for my reviews.  My reviews will always reflect my honest opinions, findings, beliefs and experiences on the products and services that I receive.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent, well-balanced review! I enjoyed reading your honest thoughts on this product. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Stopping by as a fellow Crew member to see what you thought about this item...liked your review - would have to "ditto" what Jodi said. :-) Have a wonderfully blessed evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl! Congrats on your first official review! We had fun with the module, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you describe what a module is! I'm enjoying seeing the different reviews. ~Tess (Also from the Crew)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a great job with your review. Happy blogging with the TOS Crew. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails